How To Start Racing

Anyone competing in UK circuit racing will need a licence provided by Motorsport UK, which is Britain’s governing body for motorsport. No driver can take to the race track on a competitive race weekend or test day without one, so this should be the first task you cross off your list.

To begin with, you’ll need to obtain a Go Racing Pack from Motorsport UK. These can be purchased directly from their website and usually only take a few days to arrive in the post. In the pack you’ll find an application form, a CD containing a digital version of the Motorsport UK Yearbook, an instructional DVD and a booklet detailing what steps to take next.